Formed 12 Feb 1820, 421 square miles
Parent county: Logan
Evolution of county from date of formation until it assumed its final form
1 Apr 1820: Erected and organized. Hancock, Henry, Putnam, Paulding, and Williams attached temporarily until organized
2 Feb 1824: Diminished by organization of Williams, and attachment of Paulding, Henry, and Putnam to Williams.
1 Mar 1828: Diminished by organization of Hancock
20 Jun 1835: Diminished by formation of Lucas
14 Mar 1836: Part attached to Lucas
Wood County has had three towns as the seat of the county. The first in Maumee from 1820-1822; the second in Perrysburg from 1822-1866; and the third and current county seat Bowling Green in 1866.
Federal Population schedules extant from 1830-1940. (1890 missing)
1820 Manufacturers; Industry; 1860 Mortality; 1870 Agricultural; 1870 Industry; 1880 Agricultural; 1880 Industry
Bloom, Center, Freedom, Grand Rapids, Henry, Jackson, Lake, Liberty, Middleton, Milton, Montgomery, Perry, Perrysburg, Plain, Portage, Troy, Washington, Webster, and Weston.
Defunct townships: Ft. Meigs and Ross
Archival District: Bowling Green State University, Center for Archival Collections, Jerome Library, Bowling Green Ohio.
Jana Broglin, CG, OGSF